Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Checking Some Things off the List

Our home study is complete!!  We received the signed and notarized version in the mail today.  What a huge relief!!  Oh, and they recommended us to adopt our child.  J 
The home study was also the last piece of info we needed before we could send off the form requesting our child be "pre-approved" for immigration by the US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS).   That will go in the mail tomorrow.
I was excited to update the timeline on our blog, but when I tried to update it the formatting went all to heck.  So after at least 13 seconds of trying to fix it… I deleted it.  Maybe I will get it back up again soon... but here are the next steps:
Completed:
Mail Application to CHI
Gain acceptance into CHI Ethiopia program
Complete Home Study
Submit USCIS I-600A for Immigration

Next Steps:
Dossier Paper Chase (we are close on this one)
Get fingerprinted for USCIS I-600A 

Receive "Pre-Approval" for our child from the USCIS
Certification and authentication of dossier by the Kansas Secretary of State
Certification and authentication of dossier by the US Department of State
Certification and authentication of dossier by the Ethiopian Embassy in Washington, DC
Submit dossier to Ethiopia (Target June 1)
Dossier received and accepted by Ethiopia

Ryan

No comments: