We’re sitting in the airport in Toronto killing a 7-hour layover, though we’re not complaining…our Ethiopian Airlines flight took off over an hour late, we had to circle the Toronto airport for a while before landing, and it took us 2 hours to go through US Customs and Immigration once we got here (I don’t know why we went through US Customs here already, since we’re not in the US yet, but I guess it’ll save us having to do it once we get home). Anyhow, we would have never made a connecting flight with a reasonable layover interval. As it is, we have been able to enjoy a little “western” breakfast, electricity, free Wi-Fi, and cable television (apparently the royal baby was born this week, and it was kind of a big deal). We’ll have a bite of lunch before boarding our short flight home.
In the file of things-to-do-better-on-our-second-trip: My sparkly jeans were a bit of a headache as we went through US security. I failed the initial metal detector and failed the secondary “body scan” (I saw the image on that one…my mid-section was lit up like a Christmas tree due to the placement of the silvery sequins and metallic detailing on my jeans, Yikes!!) After an additional pat-down, I apparently convinced the authorities that I was simply a fashionista rather than a strapped terrorist.
Hard to believe that I was wearing these same sparkly jeans when I last held Baby A before we left her…20-some hours ago. Looking forward to being home to Kansas in a few hours. Looking forward to being back to Africa in a few weeks.
Oh yes, and I’m glad to report that our Dreamliner 787 flight was free of flames and unremarkable.
No comments:
Post a Comment