Sunday, September 22, 2013

Good News

On Friday, we heard from the US Embassy in Ethiopia.  They have begun their review of our case.  We're hoping this process will be complete in about four weeks, and we'll have clearance to travel for our Embassy interview and to bring home our girl.  This four-week time frame would assume that the Embassy would be able to get in touch with everyone they wish to contact without difficulty (orphanage directors, local/state officials, Baby A's birthmother).  Our prayer right now is that lines of communication would work well, cell phones would have coverage, people would make connections in a timely and efficient manner.

We're glad that our case is progressing.  The past month felt like an eternity.  We'd be elated if we got to book plane tickets for the end of October.


PS--I'm not particularly proud of this milestone, but I'll have you know that I just typed this post straight onto blogspot...not a word document.  And, I uploaded it myself, in only two tries ("my people" are downstairs engaged in an NFL game).  Blog-schlmog...I'm still not enjoying this          

No comments: