Monday, October 14, 2013

Deja Vu (but better this time)

I just like it so much when I know what I'm doing.  I am so much more relaxed this trip since I have some idea what to expect.  Psychoanalyze me, if you will.  There it is.

The first leg of our journey went really smoothly.  Flight to DC was smooth and efficient.  We arrived ahead of schedule.  Our checked bags arrived, too (I have about an equal amount of confidence in airline baggage processes about as I do in general technology...when I have to check baggage, I always prepare myself to never see it again, so it's like a little gift when that familiar bag flops down the shoot onto the baggage claim conveyor belt at my destination).

Because of the timing of our flights, Ethiopian Airlines put us up for the night in Washington, DC, just like last time.  So, we were at the same hotel.  We walked to the same restaurant area.  We ate at a different place (which was really great).  And when we came back to the airport this morning, we knew the ins and outs of the Dulles airport a bit.  We knew where to find the check-in counter for Ethiopian Air.  We knew where to find coffee once we got to our boarding gate.  Oh that the rest of our trip would go this smoothly.

We'll get on the plane in a couple hours, and then God-willing, we'll land in Ethiopia 14 hours later at what will be 6am on Tuesday morning over there.

PS- I spent most of our flight yesterday working on our Christmas newsletter, and I would humbly say that it's shaping up to be a good issue.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.