We received our official adoption decree from court today
(which will allow us to add our girl to our health insurance plan). As I think about the zillion families (they
seemed to be from Europe and Canada, in addition to America) who appeared in
court on Friday July 26th in Addis, I know that court reporter had A
LOT of paperwork to do for the number of cases that were heard that day. I am pleasantly surprised in the turnaround
time with which we received this document. It was 7 business days, which even included
translation into a language we can read and understand.
Our adoption agency staff in Ethiopia (the ones who sent
this decree to us via our adoption consultant in St. Louis) will now deliver
it, along with some other paperwork we left with them when we were there, to
the US Embassy in Addis, who will investigate the case as they deem necessary, and
then prepare a passport and birth certificate for our daughter. Oh that this next part of the process might
go as quickly and smoothly as our receipt of the court decree.
No comments:
Post a Comment