Friday, August 9, 2013
It’s been two weeks…
…since I held my baby.
Last week went pretty fast. It was spent getting things back to normal
around here with routine and house and schedule. Ryan and I brought home yucky colds from Ethiopia
and were pretty miserable for a few days, but we enjoyed sorting through photos
and video from our trip and putting updated pictures of Baby A in frames
throughout the house. I got out the 6-12
month clothes and filled her closet. I
purchased some diapers and baby bottles.
Last week was good.
This week didn’t pass quite as quickly. We’re back in the grind of life. Ryan was busy at work. Our three year-old is battling through the
cold we had last week…ugh. We’ve anxiously
had an eye on the news about the US Embassy threats and closures in the Middle
East/North Africa (unlike some neighboring countries, the US Embassy in
Ethiopia has remained operational).
I sure wish we knew how much time we have in front of us
before we can go back for her. The
official paperwork says the time between the two trips is somewhere between 6
weeks and several months while the Embassy completes their investigation and
prepares her documentation. We’ve been
told to expect a couple months. I feel
confident that I can wait this out, but it would be so much easier on my mental
health if I knew where I was in the wait.
I’ve undertaken some strenuous tests of endurance before (marathons,
homeschool years, 14-hour plane rides, labor), but previously I’ve been able to
count down the miles, days, hours, centimeters.
This deal is like walking blind.
It’s hard. I don’t know if I’m
miles away from my destination or if I’m going to trip over it with my next
step. In any case, I guess we know that
today we are one day closer to having our family together.
No comments:
Post a Comment